Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear Parker Michael Thomas,

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!!! I love you so much and am so proud to be your Aunt Coco. You can't understand yet how much joy and happiness you bring to our family. As you grow up you will also find out what an awesome mommy and daddy you have.

No matter what Mommy says, I think it's kinda funny how determined you are to get your way. It shows great promise when you hit the terrible twos at 6 months old. By the time you start Kindergarten you should be doing fractions.

Also, Mommy gets a little worried about letting you have candy. If she ever refuses you candy please call me so I can explain the fact that she lived off gummy peaches and sour patch kids for a few years.

Your big cousins Regan and Riley are very excited for your birthday. We have picked out no less than 30 different present ideas for you. You will be very happy with our final choice and so will Mommy. But, tell her it's yours and she needs to let YOU play with it. You could share if she's nice.

It's going to be so fun watching you continue to grow. You are such a big boy now and have a new trick every time I see you. I think my favorite new trick is how you tell yourself "No" when you know you shouldn't be doing whatever it is you're doing.

Like this picture above, Coco will be less scared than Mommy to let you do the "scary" things in life. For example, play in the Mall playground or swim at the Jones Center. When you are ready for the big jump give me a call, but don't tell Mommy because she would KILL us! I think I had to just grab you and put you in the swimming pool.You LOVED it! Mommy only had 4 panic attacks.

I think these next few months Mommy is going to be kind of tired from your lack of sleeping and chasing you around. You might just pick one day a week to take it easy. You know, only eat something off the floor maybe a couple of times or if you pull off the entire roll of toilet paper, just put it in the toilet. Not the bathtub.

I have decided that I really don't care if I am called a Baby Hog because I love you to pieces and can't get enough. I can't wait to watch you grow even more over this next year. Hope you have a Happy 1st Birthday!

No comments: